“John 8:44-45 (NIV) “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire… When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!”
- All supernatural power comes, ultimately, from either God or Satan.
- God gives power to those who believe the truth. To approach God, truth is the cost of entry.
- But it is the opposite with Satan, whose nature is deception. Satan gives power to those who believe a lie. Believing the lie is the cost of entry to access Satan’s power. Witchcraft bolsters up the lie with: mystery, pseudo-science, ancient knowledge, new knowledge, etc…. The more absurd the lie, the better. The lie acts as a distracter.
- If we mix certain ingredients in a drink… If we eat a special herb… If we arrange candles in a certain configuration… If we stare into a crystal ball… If we turn over Tarot cards… If we “read” the stars… If we speak a certain phrase, or mantra… If we have secret knowledge… If we draw certain symbols… then spiritual forces will come into play.
James 3:15 (NIV) Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.
- Witchcraft starts with a heart of rebellion and works by focusing on a distracter, a lie, which is some technique purported to release power. It is important to have “faith”, to trust in the technique and not God. Believing in lies is an “acceptable sacrifice” to Satan, the father of lies, who honors his children with real power. The irony is, that due to the inherent deceptive basis of witchcraft, the practitioners of it often think they are serving God, while accessing a power from below (earth)–not from above.
- For the purpose of this study, we are defining witchcraft as a desire to be a spiritual free agent without submission to God or regard for His word.”
The rest of this article can be found here:
I implore you to be informed of these things, so you may help inform any of those who might be deceived or ignorant of the inherit dangers of witchcraft.